Hennepin County authorities on Friday released the identities of eight Minneapolis homicide victims, including a man who succumbed to his injuries five months after being shot.
The new information brought the number of homicides in Minneapolis this year to 71, according to a Star Tribune database.
The Medical Examiner's Office said that Kenneth Durand, 39, who was wounded in a shooting April 10 in the area of N. 36th and Aldrich avenues, died of complications from those injuries on Sept. 11 at North Memorial Health Hospital in Robbinsdale. No other details have been released about that case, which remains unsolved.
Authorities also formally identified 19-year-old Jaylen Salter, who was killed Sept. 9 in a triple shooting at the Clientele Barbershop at 707 N. 42nd Av. Officials say that several masked gunmen walked by and fired as Salter sat inside the shop, killing the Patrick Henry High School graduate, who went by the nickname "Duke." One of the rounds grazed another man, while another flew into the leg of a woman who had taken her young son to get his hair cut, officials said.
Salter's death wasn't the first tragedy to befall his mother, who lost another son, Brandon, 27, last summer in a shooting in the Elliot Park neighborhood. The brothers' father was fatally shot several years ago.
Several of the victims whose names were released Friday had previously been identified publicly.
Among them was London Bean, a 12-year-old boy who was shot to death last week in what police have called a neighborhood dispute. Authorities on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for the teenage suspect who allegedly fired the fatal bullets outside a north Minneapolis apartment complex. His whereabouts remain unknown.
The other victims were: