A Glencoe man is charged with murder for his alleged role behind the wheel in a chase and drive-by shooting that killed a 21-year-old.
Bobby Leroy Woody, 43, was charged in Ramsey County District Court on Thursday with two counts of second-degree murder in connection with last Saturday's drive-by shooting that killed 21-year-old Anthony Boelter, of St. Paul. He remains jailed in lieu of $1 million bail.
Woody's accomplice, thought to be the shooter, has not yet been arrested.
According to the criminal complaint:
Officers responded to the intersection of E. Minnehaha Avenue and Cypress Street just before 10 p.m. and found Boelter slumped over the driver's seat of his yellow Volkswagen Beetle. The rear window had been shot out and bullets were lodged in his headrest and back fender. Boelter died at the scene.
An autopsy determined that Boelter died from a gunshot wound to the head.
Two uninjured passengers inside Boelter's car told police that he'd "been in a long-standing feud with the occupants of the nearby residence where his ex-girlfriend lived" and Boelter made a point to drive by that home on a regular basis.
When they drove past that night, a dark SUV began tailing them from behind. Boelter veered down an alley to try and lose them, his friends said, but someone in the SUV plugged off several rounds as they turned on Cypress Street.